A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, August 11, 2014

I’m Going Oilcloth Crazy!

So you all remember my simple transformation of my table using oilcloth right? If not check it out. I’ll wait for you to come back. Pinky promise.

Okay so now that you’re back I want to show you the next thing I made out of my oilcloth. I bought a lot of it so bare with me as I use it to cutesify practically everything in the next few weeks. Ha!

The other day I was going over to my bestest’s house and we wanted to do a craft together so I desperately searched my craft room for something easy to take and do. I ended up finding a plain wooden tray that I probably bought about 5 years ago and had been to scared to commit to doing anything to it in fear of not liking it. Anyone else weird like that? So basically it’s been sitting there, in a drawer, not being cute. But no longer. I show you today my transformed serving tray.

When I set out to do this I just grabbed stuff I thought I might use. I put this teaser picture on FB a couple days ago.

boring tray

Here’s the end result. It was so easy and I think it came out pretty cute. I chose to use the oilcloth on the bottom so it would be easy to wipe out if something got spilled on it.

IMG_6979

Aerial view. Because everyone loves a good aerial view. IMG_6980

I painted it first. I’m sure you are not surprised with my color choices. *smile*

Then I used a mixture of glue and water to lay the oilcloth in the bottom.

Next I took my hot glue gun and trimmed around the inner edge with clothesline for a nice finished edge.IMG_6981

I used a decorative ribbon to put along the rim of the whole thing. I  used straight white glue to do that.

IMG_6982

And now it sits all cute like in my dining area until I’m ready to use it.

IMG_6985

 IMG_6984  

Maybe this will inspire you to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.

Have a lovely day my friends.

OXOX,

Kim

11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out REALLY good. You are soooo creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit a home run with that project! You ought to pin it! The addition of the oil cloth on the bottom was brilliant. Did you make the polka dots with paint? Use an eraser tip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tray transformed, and you have the right teapot for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Awesome job, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it looks pretty adorable!!! :) Um...where's the pumpkin? hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I have been wanting to get my hands on some oilcloth to cover my bar stools...the kid's sweet fingers have made the beige coverings into a nice brownish polka-dot pattern...yucky!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin